Sunday, December 20, 2009

2010 Challenge for Ladies...

2010 Challenge For the Ladies…..

Greetings ladies.. So here we are- about to go into the next year… Here is the challenge for us.. Let me know if you accept this challenge for the New year….

Mental health:
In 2010 I will do more to take care of my mental health. I will talk more openly about my feelings of depression and/or anxiety with trusted loved ones. If I have periods of extended sadness I will talk to my doctor, realizing that there is no shame in getting help. I will treat myself several times this year to times that are just for me…

Physical Health:
In 2010 I will start/continue taking care of my health which means:
I will get my annual checkups; I will exercise and eat a balanced healthy diet. I will work on shedding extra pounds but I will love my body through the journey. When I’m tired, I will pay attention to my body, and get rest. If I’m dealing with an illness/disease/disorder- I will follow my doctor’s treatment plan, and will keep my mental health strong so that my physical health can be at its best.

Relationships- Females
I will work on being a better friend to my girlfriends. When she needs to talk, I’ll listen. I will be more open and honest about how I feel. When my girlfriend succeeds, I will congratulate her, and support her, no jealousy this year!

Relationships- Men
If I am in a healthy relationship, and dealing with a man that really tries- I will show him respect. I will remember that it s not good to have a power struggle with my man. If he shows his emotions, I will allow him share without judgment. I won’t stalk his page, I won’t check his phone, I won’t search for reasons to fuel my insecurities that lie within me. I will give him space to be him and to have friends. I will realize that sometimes it’s best to keep my mouth shut, and allow him to be the man he is trying to be- However, if I am in an unhealthy relationship, I will work very hard to end it. I will realize that true love doesn’t have to be fought for. If my man puts me down, emotionally, physically, mentally- I will view these as red flags and get help and get out of the relationship. I will honor the voice of my kids, when they express concern about how he treats me or them. I will allow myself to love hard, but not at the compromise of loving myself and my children. Also, if a man is married, no matter how much he tells me he isn't happy at home, I will realize that I'm better than being woman number 2, number 3 etc... If I was in a "relationship" with a married man in 09- I will pray that I can get the strength and courage to walk away, not stay because i'm desperate, starving for love and affection.... I'll know that being by myself with my dignity will be better than being a mistress and feeling like crap.


Personal Image:
No matter how bad I feel I will do my best to keep myself looking great! Not for the man in my life (though he will appreciate it) but because I want to look my best and feel my best at any moment I’m alive. I will keep my hair done, keep my hygiene up, and dress in clothing that fits me at the size I am at currently.

In summary:
I know this year will bring me loss. I may lose a job, I may lose my man, I may lose a loved one to death, I may lose my stable life, but no matter how much I lose I will TRY to always focus on what I still have. I will count not the quantity of blessings but the quality of my blessing- Even at my lowest darkest moment; I will rely on my faith. I will laugh a lot, love a lot and learn a lot!

Now…. Who is in with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment